[OM] Nathan's PAD 15/6/2022: more Copenhagen vignettes

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/6/2022: more Copenhagen vignettes
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 17:09:47 +0200
The conference I was attending in Copenhagen started Wednesday in the evening,
so I still had most of the day to myself. I started by taking the train north
to Humlebæk to visit one of my favourite spots, the Louisiana Museum of Modern
Art, a place where one can enjoy man-made and natural beauty on the shores of
Øresund, the strait separating Denmark and Sweden:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rM2x9hw/A

After lunch, I went to see some more art, this time in the Kunsthal
Charlottenborg, a place in the centre known for their rather avant-garde
exhibitions. Much of it was not my cup of tea, but this work by a young Korean
artist was rather striking:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hT3nKcc/A

In the evening, I made my way to Langelinie, home of the Langelinie Pavillon
where the opening reception was being held. The walk from the commuter train
station to Langelinie takes on through the Citadel (Kastellet), old
fortifications that never really played any role in wars but now function as a
wonderful recreation area:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qrzWNSj/A

Langelinie is also home to the Little Mermaid, one of the world’s most
overrated tourist attractions. I usually give it a miss, but since it is only
around 150 meters from the Langelinie Pavillon, I passed by it and photographed
several conference participants busy making photos:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wCz9FbF/A

After the reception I went back to my hotel, passing the beautiful square in
front of the City Hall, Rådhuspladsen. At this time of year, sunset in
Copenhagen is around 10 p.m., and it was far from being dark:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4ddJ3gD/A

Then I walked to my hotel, had a beer and went to bed. Thursday morning the
real work was starting and I needed to be fresh.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"