Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 15:22:44 -0700
At 5/25/2022 12:23 PM, Mike wrote:
>I only recognized a minority of those vintage lenses.  The Meyer Optik
>Trioplan 100/2.8 is a classic Cooke triplet.  It has a very showy glowy
>rendering wide open
>and bubble bokeh.  They make a modern version as well but the glass is
>different.  Perhaps 6 or 7 years ago they were dirt cheap, but became a cult
>classic and expensive very quickly.
>I had put in a few snipes but just a tad too late.  I should revisit that
>deficit in my cult classic armaments.

Some of Toby's lenses are pretty strange ones, such as oscilloscope lenses.
Then projector lenses, ... you have to read the description of how he put some
of them together. He does have some nice samples using the Meyer Optik Trioplan
100mm f2.8 lens.

I suspect it still takes some skill to make interesting photos out of any
vintage/bokeh monster lens.

>I liked the fractal art on his site.   Back about 1991, had played with coding
>fractal generating software on a 386.

Could make for some interesting tattoos.

WayneS