[OM] Painterly vintage Lenses

Subject: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:34:00 -0700
I've been doing a bit of exploring of vintage adapted lenses. An interesting
site with lots of great photos:

https://toby-marshall.com/
or on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/49372114@N00/albums/with/72157677844313036

as well as Flickr groups show some interesting bokeh from vintage lenses.
I particularly like some of these:

https://toby-marshall.com/galleries/bokeh-tales/canon-ltm-50mm-f1-2/
https://toby-marshall.com/galleries/bokeh-tales/aires-coral-4-5cm-f1-5-lens/
as well as others.

I'm curious what others think and suggestions for vintage lenses. Seems many
now have cult status and premium prices. I'm particularly fond of the painterly
look. Swirly bokeh not so much.

My only vintage lenses are the Oly 50/1.8, the older oly 55/1.2, and a vintage
8 element Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4. I don't have any great shots to show just
yet. Is the Oly 35-70 considered vintage these days. It is one of the few with
ED glass (like the 100/2). I'm starting an album now (currently only 1 vintage
photo):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TR5Ud27mgL5cvdoJ8
Super-Takumar 50mm/1.4 8 element and a non-vintage sonie 24-105 shot.

I'm also wondering how much the composition plays in producing the painterly
look. Or even getting such looks from modern lenses.

I was going to search back through the archives, but hoping others (Moose) can
point me to some of the past posts here or photos.

WayneS