[OM] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 10:12:02 -0400
December 31st was our last day in New York, in addition to being the last day
of 2021. So I offer a bit more in this PAD than I usually do.

I started the day by driving to Jersey City to see the large mural of David
Bowie, painted after his death in 2016:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WJd7zdD/A

We then spent a couple of hours in Central Park. I sometimes jokingly say that
everything is bigger in America, and that was certainly true of the soap
bubbles this guy was making:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dz2Txsf/A

The first signs of the upcoming New Year’s Eve were in evidence:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-smtVtkn/A

We had taken Euclid with us—he loves going on car trips, and he obviously loves
exploring places like Central Park, with all the smells, sights and other dogs.
We did some family portraits as well:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9Vnr7Wr/A

The principal traffic hazard in Central Park:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-p2fZdHv/A

Then New Year’s Eve arrived. In these corona times, this not a time for big
parties, and anyway my son and his wife do not have that many friends here. So
my son had gotten the idea of spending the evening in his office (which would
be otherwise deserted). He works for Boston Consulting Group, and the office in
on the 45th floor of a building in midtown, so it promised great views of the
city during the evening. We got some takeout, my wife bought some decorations,
and this was the official NYE family portrait:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vgwpZc9/A

We could enjoy views like this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LR7c4nr/A

Then midnight arrived, we drank our toast and looked at the fireworks over the
city (which were a bit underwhelming, truth be told):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n59Q3bT/A

The next morning we drove to JFK and flew to Puerto Rico, where I am right now.

Happy New Year to all my friends on these lists.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"