Re: [OM] The Evening of Hallows

Subject: Re: [OM] The Evening of Hallows
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:13:04 -0700
On 10/31/2021 5:30 PM, MICHAEL GORDON via olympus wrote:
Suitably spooky, Moose.  Nicely done.  You reached for an alt dot lens for the
interesting rendering.  C. 58/1.2 ?

Yup. Not sure why Google chooses to wipe EXIF, then leave out lens info in their info panel. The lens gets pretty ordinary by f5.6. It's hard to say how much of the 'interesting rendering' is the lens and how much my messing with it in PS. 😉 There's masking and futzing goin' on.

You may  have to fill us in on the symbolism.

Would that I could. Well, I can, for me. But there's no following of any particular system of symbolism, just what appealed to Carol. It's more art than expression of a belief system, other than Her own. So feel free to find what works for you in it.

Perhaps in this context the bell would symbolize death and the candle the
spirit in an excommunication procedure for devil worshippers.

All a mystery to me, unless we move from religion to Jungian psychology.

We do live near Salem which is undoubtedly the place not to be tonight.

Ah yes. Remember our trip to Salem to visit the Peabody-Essex in mid-October. The Witchy thing was in full swing. But I think the scariest thing recorded was nothing to do with Salem and Halloween. 😁 <https://photos.app.goo.gl/h65ru3dYwx5rhypC9>

Carol wore the mask she bought that day to her Women's Interplay group a week
ago.

More than you may have wanted to know about Salem this Halloween in Boston Magazine. <https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2021/10/22/salem-witches/>

I suppose that makes me an occult expert as much as Sarah Palin is a Russia
expert.

That bad! 😉

Beret Moose