Re: [OM] IMG: New Glasses

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: New Glasses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:56:15 -0700
On 10/22/2021 10:42 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
After avoiding visits to my ophthalmologist during the worst of the pandemic, I really needed new glasses and a checkup.

So did I, but I was quicker out of the gate than you and Carol. I've had my new specs for weeks, you and she have just received yours.

She really likes hers. How are yours? Like you, she went for bifocals. I'm full
tilt Zeiss' best progressives.

I finally received my new bifocals yesterday, and shot a selfie to share with my sons. Since I don't do selfies very often, I decided to add it to my Gallery for my friends to view. The cap is normally not a part  of a proper portrait, but, after several years of scalp surgery for skin cancer, it serves a purpose.

For you younger guys, particularly those with receding hairlines, wear your Tilly hat or get a cap.  Take a hint from one who wishes he had learned the lesson much earlier.

I was pleased to have no report of cataracts in my exam. That's another thing that can be a result of too much sun exposure, or at least hastened. I've never understood Fezes, those African brimless hats, etc. I really Hate direct sun on my eyes. I don't understand how people can see clearly that way.

I'm a hat guy. Just gave away a bunch of them; still have too many. But I've always leaned toward full brims. Caps leave ears and neck exposed. Red ears are unsightly and uncomfortable. 😁

Sun Shy Moose