Re: [OM] IMG: Fall Fallout

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fall Fallout
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 10:38:39 -0700
On 10/8/2021 10:15 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Hi Moose.  I like your changes in my Nature shot.

Excellent! The colors of fall are so rich that I like to make them rich in photos, often without changing overall brightness and contrast much.

With the HVAC unit, I stayed with Carrier because the ducting and piping fit properly, and they had made improvements in materials and warranty. It swapped out in about 3 hours, and the dealer was one I knew.

I would go with a heat pump to get away from burning gas for heat. It would give me A/C, too, but that's not important here. Nice to use maybe 10 days a year . . .

My granddaughter and husband are building a new home, and they are going with an induction range.  Seems to be the popular thing to do.

The "tighter" the house, the more a gas range means poor air quality inside. Induction ranges resolve the old differences between electric, slow to eat up and to cool down, and gas, quicker temperature changes, often more powerful, but lots of heat goes into the air, not the cookware/food. Like smooth top electric, it's a breeze to keep clean; spills don't get into nooks and crannies.

It has a "Power Mode" for a while when it starts, probably until something inside heats up. You wouldn't believe how quickly it will boil a pot of water - Yowsa!

Downside is that it's heavily electronic. It won't last the 65 years of its predecessor. OTOH, a friend had a gas cook top put in her new kitchen and it required repairs to the electronics right away. Looked at with the top off, it was sure complex, compared to old gas.

On yet another hand, many pieces of our cookware wouldn't work on induction. It was mostly fun replacing them: hard to let go of the perfect omelette pan.

Magnetic Currents Moose