Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction - now sharpening

Subject: Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction - now sharpening
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 01:01:13 -0700
On 9/26/2021 12:41 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
I'm just wondering how the fancy deconvolution and AI sharpening tools work
with pinhole, zoneplate or whatever.  Anyone here tried them ?

Color me confused. I use a "lens" that lacks detail and/or covers it with glow
— then sharpen it?

If I want the kind of not hard, but highly detailed image common in old LF photos, PH and ZP are not the way. Short of buying old lenses or recreations and large sensors, I think the Nikon SOFT filters are a good thing to try.

I do use noise reduction, when I don't want the smoothness inherent in the
"lens" to be un-mellowed by noise.

I don't recall doing it, but I can imagine using blur selectively in situations where a particular texture/pattern of detail in one part gets ugly.

Softly Moose