Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction - now sharpening

Subject: Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction - now sharpening
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 07:37:28 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> On 9/26/2021 12:41 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> I'm just wondering how the fancy deconvolution and AI sharpening tools work
>> with pinhole, zoneplate or whatever.
>
> If I want the kind of not hard, but highly detailed image common in old LF
> photos... I think the Nikon SOFT filters are a good thing to try.

I prefer an old, beat-up skylight or UV filter. Then stick your finger in your
ear, and rub earwax on the filter to get the effect you want. Depending on your
age, complexion, diet, and desired effect, oil from the side of your nose may
work well, too!

> I can imagine using blur selectively in situations where a particular
> texture/pattern of detail in one part gets ugly.

You can pile the ear wax up in some areas, and burnish it thin in others to get
the Photoshop "selective blur" effect.

Then throw the thing in the dishwasher before your next outing.

I guess it all depends on where you get your joy: at a desk, staring at a
computer screen, or in the field, making it look the way you want it *before*
tripping the shutter?

Jan