Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction

Subject: Re: [OM] Driven to Abstraction
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 01:31:02 -0700
Thanks for roll-over.  It takes careful viewing to discern any extra detail in
the zone plate images due to all the glow.  I am not finding much evidence that
the Lensbaby zone plate is available new.

It is not, nor has been for some time. Last time I looked at their refurbs,
there was one, but not now.

The question is whether you would want one. The new Obscura has both the pinhole and zone plate of the original, with the addition of a sieve filter.

It's available as either stand alone, "16 mm" and as a "50 mm" optic for the Lens Swap System. The 50 mm zone plate of the latter should give very similar results to the old one.

I have no detailed idea of how the new one might be different.

Zoned Out Moose