Re: [OM] IMG: Random Observations

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Random Observations
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:06:33 -0700
On 9/15/2021 1:52 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Butterflies, insects and flowers are disappearing.  Looking for new subjects, I spotted some lily buds that have potential for future images.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210915-DSCF3072-Enhanced.JPG.html

I've been frustrated by this unsupported Spectrum telephone cable for more than six months. A February ice storm uprooted a large pine tree which damaged utility lines and my backyard fence. Despite several promises, the support cable for the telephone line still hangs and my letter to the local Spectrum store was returned to sender because they have no mail box at the store.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210915-DSCF3074-Enhanced.JPG.html

I spotted a couple of mushrooms in the grass.  To the naked eye, they appear as a white blob, but when enlarged, a lot of detail appears.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210915-DSCF3076-Enhanced.JPG.html

More great results from that camera/lens combo!

Is the mushroom shot as close as you could get? With a thread adapter, your Olympus IS/L Lens A-Macro H. Q. Converter f=40cm will work, and might work well, for closer shots. Too bad you didn't get the B-Macro, 55 mm thread, as that would be perfect.

Still, the 49 mm version may work well. That close, and magnified by the C-U
lens, there may be little or no vignetting.

Always Thinkin' Moose