Re: [OM] IMG: Soligar 35/2.0 Close-Up of Honey Bee

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Soligar 35/2.0 Close-Up of Honey Bee
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 07:59:27 -0700
At 9/4/2021 03:51 PM, Moose wrote:

>I'm all for using old lenses on new sensors. I have a whole drawer full of
>them, although I mostly use them on the format they were designed for, FF. My
>inventory list suggests I have at least 23 mount adapters, to accommodate all
>of them.
>
>I have a particular affinity for lenses designed before computer involvement
>in the process. For me, these old, MF lenses are about the fun of learning
>them and their particular, less than "perfect" imaging characteristics, not
>about being "useful" in making technically good images.

Perusing the FM forum I noticed some comments on using Voigtlander (m mount) on
Sony cameras. It is known that legacy lenses with sony sensor does not perform
as well, particularly in the corners. So some people are using "Kolari Vision
UT sensor modified camera".

https://kolarivision.com/product/sony-a7-series-thin-filter-legacy-lens-upgrade/

I don't have legacy lenses, but since you have "whole drawer full of them",
then maybe this might be of interest?

WayneS