Re: [OM] Moose in Awe

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose in Awe
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 19:17:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<<On another note, decided on a trip to near Moosehead lake in a class 3
Bortle

Wishing you Milky Way Moose writes:
<<What kind of mileage did it get?

We only got fair mileage as decided to bring the Tahoe.  Good thing too as were
on dirt roads a fair amount.
Ambiguous phrases like in my post I think are a variant of "squinting
modifiers."  I usually catch them if I proof read, but often rushed.  Reminds
me of one morning when I photographed an
elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know!   (apologies
to Groucho Marx).

It cleared for about 6 hours and we  got a few shots.  Can't tell too much
before processing, but the E-M1 Mk111 was easier to maneuver in the dark with
Starry Sky AF and Live Time where can watch the image accumulate (for the
foreground).  It is limited to ISO 1600 though.  My lens MF  (Siggi 14-24/2.8
for Sony E) switch got flipped in the dark and gave me a headache.  I just used
the MF switch on the back of the cam as did not know what what wrong but had to
manually refocus using Jupiter a bunch of times.  Thankful that we had at least
one opportunity for 3 nights. Needed a night to get the bugs out of the
procedures to then focus on creativity and a couple shots at it would have been
helpful.  Marnie had it 95% down at home but even with headlamps at MN it was
more fussy than anticipated.

Moose wishes did the trick,  Mike