Re: [OM] Moose in Awe

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose in Awe
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:33:12 -0700
On 9/2/2021 7:58 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
I believe it is a Coopers Hawk,

This is a Cooper's Hawk. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/4hN3odwa5nAa1pYw8>

I'm no expert, but I've seen quite a few Ospreys. Redwood forest may sound like an odd place for one. But just over the rise or down this puny creek is much larger Pudding Creek, with food for a fish hawk. Ospreys are common along this coast where rivers and creeks meet the ocean.

Browsing on the web, I see that details of appearance vary quite a bit around the world. This one appears to be a juvenile, if Osprey is what it is.

but a great shot none the less.

Thanks!

Uncertain Provenance Moose