Re: [OM] [OT] Tallest apartment building in EU finally completed in Beni

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Tallest apartment building in EU finally completed in Benidorm
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 20:39:48 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
I must say that, and it pains me to say this, that I find the new structure to
look sadly like my big toe after a gout attack. It pains me because I believe
that we all gain from creative new architectural styles, and am totally  turned
off by the common American feeling that all new construction must resemble old,
and often examples of more pedestrian styles.

Where I live we built a new downtown arena, and the goal was to make it look as
much like the surrounding elements. It makes me feel sleepy to just look at it.
It has, and will never have the slightest bit of personality.  At the same time
nearby Kansas City built their new downtown arena, and it looks like a big
silver flying saucer that landed in and among older buildings, really older
ones. I love it. I will always stand out and be memorable.

But as odd as I feel, and I think the problem I have is with not the style but
the height, I salute your willingness to step out of your comfort zone.