Re: [OM] Brief walk through Tower Hill Botanical Garden

Subject: Re: [OM] Brief walk through Tower Hill Botanical Garden
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 13:03:23 -0700
On 7/17/2021 9:53 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
<>
The Oly 12-100 needs C-U help more than the Panny, as it has its closest focus at the
short end and doesn't focus very close at the long end. One reason mine went away.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/12-60%20vs%2012-100/12-60v100.htm>

C. U. Moose
You say the Oly will get close but shades the subject, almost touching it. Is
this the Oly at the wide end rather than at 100mm for the closeup?

Indeed it is, because the Oly DOESN'T DO CLOSE UP AT 100MM. At least without an
aux C-U lens.

Do I think this is an egregious design flaw? Did I hate it? YES!

Moose D'Opinion