Re: [OM] Brief walk through Tower Hill Botanical Garden

Subject: Re: [OM] Brief walk through Tower Hill Botanical Garden
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 21:11:04 -0700
On 7/16/2021 4:03 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 7/11/2021 04:20 PM, you wrote:
One our our first outings with Covid waning here (for the moment) was to these
Botanical Gardens.  Marnie had a gift certificate given to her by friends for
her b'day that we
finally felt we could use.  Impetus for posting was first real trial of the the
Siggie CU diopter with this walk around lens as well as use of  my Ionic watch
for geotagging--the latter went OK and was very  convenient.  You'll be the
judge of the former but working distance is not good for critters.  No image of
major import but I thought perhaps  pleasant enough to post.

Mike

https://www.olyendomike.com/Tower-Hill-Botanic-Garden-2021/
I was curious about the 12-100 with aml72 attached. It seems to have done quite
well with the California poppy. And the plane of focus is just right. Zoomed in
is nice.

It should be a good match @ 1.7 diopter, assuming they get along optically. I use a 1.5 diopter Nikon 5T on my Panny 12-60 and am happy with it.

The Oly 12-100 needs C-U help more than the Panny, as it has its closest focus at the short end and doesn't focus very close at the long end. One reason mine went away. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/12-60%20vs%2012-100/12-60v100.htm>

C. U. Moose