Re: [OM] E-WA trip

Subject: Re: [OM] E-WA trip
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 14:52:50 -0700
One travel problem, from my perspective, had to do with lodging, food, gas, and so on, all the interactions with other people incidental to the destination. And much of the enjoyment of a road trip is in those aspects. The second was that many Federal, State and Local recreation sites were closed. These particular Falls are located in a State Park, as are the other nearby scenic attractions I'm about to post.

This. Food and lodging was the biggest problem. We had planned a trip last fall but the places we wanted to stay weren't open. My wife can no longer camp out. Most places we went are not in parks but yes, they were closed. We also waited until spring for the flowers and the N. Cascades Pass which just opened. And don't believe all the political b.s. you hear Ken. Our governor handled the covid mess very practically. And the back country was swamped with hikers. Our county especially was one of the safest in the country because people were actually considerate of others. Over near the ID border not so much. People we knew were accosted for wearing a mask.