Re: [OM] New Year's Bud - Aftermath

Subject: Re: [OM] New Year's Bud - Aftermath
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 14:31:38 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> On 5/13/2021 8:17 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> On May 11, 2021, at 03:16, olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nice!
>>
>> Do you know the species and variety?
>
> Not a clue. Came with the house when I bought it - over 39 years ago. That's
> a lot of camellia flowers under the bridge.

I've been trying to propagate it from seed, without success. It's rather
niggly, with tightly controlled temperature and humidity, and instructions to
pierce the large (2-3 cm) seed in several places with a needle. It's a wonder
it ever propagates in the wild.

Guess I'll just try to find one in a nursery. :-(

Jan