Re: [OM] Saguaro cactus blooming

Subject: Re: [OM] Saguaro cactus blooming
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:15:11 -0700
On 5/11/2021 8:20 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
It is time for the cactus to bloom here in AZ. And no, was not shot with a
50mm...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwKahCKePVr2aKCT9
Saguaro boom, 100-400mm GM on Sony A7Riv.

That's very nice!

I'm curious about the f-stop, which isn't in Google Photo info or EXIF. You've done a nice job of DoF and focal plane placement for the subject.

I recently spent some time wandering around the garden with A7RII and 24-240 lens. Although I got some nice shots, I also had some trouble with insufficient DoF for my taste.

I may simply have been partially spoiled by greater DoF with a 4/ sensor, then seriously spoiled by focus bracketing.. FF flower and macro may not be for me any more?

And in Ctein's latest email, "No One Cares How Hard You Worked" ...

Except when they won't believe they shouldn't need anything other than a phone and casual shooting to match what you have produced. And then whine that you won't give them the secrets to doing it without effort.

Depth Challenged Moose