Re: [OM] OT: Earthlink Death Throes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Earthlink Death Throes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:02:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've actually had good experience with TracFone.  I would like to see them
offer a more generous data deal.

     Dial-up has been a cost-effective option until now.  With T-Mobile and
Verizon offering $60/mo unlimited data deals on their upcoming 5G wireless
internet, they've now become worth consideration.  But until that option is
available where I live, this idea of tethering the cell phone and doing away
with the landline is a viable alternative.

     Cox has a $45/mo residential wifi deal, but my experience with them with
commercial wifi says that they are to be avoided.

     BTW:  I did a quick survey of the dial-up numbers this morning and the
majority of the modems have gone into terminal failure, and I'm convinced that
those failures are intentional with no thought as to repair.

>Avoid Tracfone!!
>
>Dial-up seems like the most expensive option ... and it sucks!

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson