[OM] OT: Earthlink Death Throes

Subject: [OM] OT: Earthlink Death Throes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:02:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been around enough businesses that failed to be able to recognize the
early symptoms.  EarthLink has been in the early stages for some time, which
became more noticeable after Windstream disassociated from them.  One of the
signs has been that they have been giving themselves their own awards for
performance and customer service.

     Last year I began seeing all sorts of security certificate error messages.
 Now I see them all the time.

     This morning it was next to impossible to get webmail.  I did a virus scan
which came up empty.  I tried to get webmail again and it was more than a half
hour before the login page appeared.

     Now downdetector is sounding the alarm.

     I'm begging for either Verizon of T-Mobile to make their 5G wireless
internet available here.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson