Re: [OM] [OT] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:45:50 -0700
<<<I was never quite attracted to the sonnie 24 GM but this lens looks quite
nice.
<<<The 20/1.8 is a nice lens but not quite the GM level this 14 is. What I like
<<about the 20 is the close focus, which this 14mm lens also has. (20mm close):

             https://photos.app.goo.gl/1z5au66uejQwgZaF8
             https://photos.app.goo.gl/hK9vQr9fFYNi6NMr6

<<<I didn't quite understand bokeh on 14mm but a couple of the shots on the
Albert
<<<<Dros link make an interesting case. And nice that his images can be viewed
<<<larger.

Nice use of an ultrawide, Wayne. I too would have never thought bokeh would be
a concern in an ultrawide.

Not a big problem.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/WayneS/BokehBokeh.htm>

I generally don't take to ultrawides except for nascent increased interest in
astro.

Which is why you don't know about bokeh with them? 😁

My favorite WA FL is 24 mm and had many keepers with the OMZ 24/2.8.

My favorite WA FL is anything between 10 and 35 mm that properly frames the subject
and/or gives my desired perspective. 😁

U. W. A. Moose