Re: [OM] OT: Night Vision

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Night Vision
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 12:43:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I did get it.  Now I'm anticipating the FBI, NSA, and CIA showing up at my
door.

     Back when these NV devices first became commercially available, the Yukon
products were considered top drawer, and this was one of the very few that had
a 60mm objective lens.  But the prices even then were stratospheric, and the
cost for newer ones are even more so.  Now I'll get to observe our night
predators like foxes, coyotes, jaguarundi, owls, etc.  We've had quite an
influx of them since the roof rats moved in years ago.

>Good on you, good on them Chris.
>
>You do need this outlawed equipment so bad that a solution will certainly come
>up, hopefully.
>
>Fingers crossed out there
>

>>     The seller made me an irresistable offer, so I looked into the
>>battery situation (CR123A) and found that it is readily available
>>everywhere.  So I accepted his offer, but then evilBay wouldn't let
>>me buy it, saying that it was a military item that could not be
>>exported.  Went back and forth with the seller, once telling him that
>>Arizona was still part of the US.  He called evilBay and found that
>>sellers everywhere could not make BIN offers and buyers couldn't pay
>>for them.  It will take a while for them to fix that problem.
>>
>>     Earlier this year they screwed up the Purchase History and Watch
>>List pages so that they were five screens wide.  That was fixed this
>>morning, but then they also moved the root server for the message
>>system and I had to go through their top page to find the new URL.
>>
>>     I've been around computers since 1968 and all I can do is hold
>>my head in my hands.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson