Re: [OM] OT: Night Vision

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Night Vision
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:33:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The seller made me an irresistable offer, so I looked into the battery
situation (CR123A) and found that it is readily available everywhere.  So I
accepted his offer, but then evilBay wouldn't let me buy it, saying that it was
a military item that could not be exported.  Went back and forth with the
seller, once telling him that Arizona was still part of the US.  He called
evilBay and found that sellers everywhere could not make BIN offers and buyers
couldn't pay for them.  It will take a while for them to fix that problem.

     Earlier this year they screwed up the Purchase History and Watch List
pages so that they were five screens wide.  That was fixed this morning, but
then they also moved the root server for the message system and I had to go
through their top page to find the new URL.

     I've been around computers since 1968 and all I can do is hold my head in
my hands.

>     The first one that caught my attention is the Yukon NV 5x60.  They
>no longer make it, and it uses an odd coincell battery which is a bit
>of a negative.  Most others use a pair of AAA batteries, which you can
>get anywhere.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson