[OM] OT: Night Vision

Subject: [OM] OT: Night Vision
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 08:16:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     With the upcoming stimulus cheque a certainty, I've been giving serious
consideration to getting a night vision monocular.  I've looked at a variety
online these past few days, but none of the local sporting goods shops have
anything suitable in either performance or price.

     I'm sure that there are some members who have first-hand experience with
these, and I'd like to hear opinions.  So far, I'm limiting myself to 50mm or
60mm objectives, and a video connection is not a priority.  I have found a few
first generation models that are available new from Adorama and B&H for less
than $200.

     The first one that caught my attention is the Yukon NV 5x60.  They no
longer make it, and it uses an odd coincell battery which is a bit of a
negative.  Most others use a pair of AAA batteries, which you can get anywhere.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson