Re: [OM] IMG: A Walk Around the Yard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Walk Around the Yard
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 06:35:21 -0700
At 3/7/2021 01:06 PM, Mike wrote:
>DM writes:
><<<I do like daffys! MikeG likes some of the fancy hybrids. They're fine, I
>enjoy them, but I still love the old standards best.
>

>Appreciate the hanging curve ball opportunity to post some 'dil images.  Ours
>are still under snow and it was in the teens last night but will be 60 deg by
>mid week.  Our snow drops have poked up where they get some sun and the snow
>is diminished.
>
>I do like the traditonal 'dils in the garden (we have some) including Jim's
>very nice rendition but the fancy ones scream out to be macro solo  subjects,
>so I prefer them.  The deer don't like 'em either.
>
>https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-BCV4smv/A
>
>https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-QpFn2zV/A
>
>https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2016/i-Pd9GnLL/A
>
>https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2014/i-DFd6SDS/A
>

>Fortissimo used to be rare and exotic a decade ago, but I see them all over
>now.
>https://www.naturehills.com/fortissimo-daffodil-bulb
>
>I believe it is in division 2 which may be the most popular.  They are nice.

These are nice. I particularly like the dew drops. A rare event here in AZ.

As for stacking, PS can take hours when artifacts are involved. I spent over 2+
hours once on a 10 stack cactus flower shot trying to fix artefacts. It
convinced me to switch to Helicon Focus. Besides having 3 modes of stacking,
there are sliders to tweak the stacking. You can fix a few artifacts with PS
but cactus needles can create many. And if you do a serious stack of 20-30
images, fixing PS artifacts become impossible.

WayneS