Re: [OM] TEST MESSAGE

Subject: Re: [OM] TEST MESSAGE
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 13:10:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Seems that the internet/people interface is failing.  The Arizona
Department of Motor Vehicles (AzDMV) has been telling us for months that we can
renew our driver's license online so that we don't all crowd into their offices
all at once.  So, this morning I did just that.  It took more than five minutes
on a high-speed wifi connection just to get the first page.  Then it wouldn't
let me start the process unless I established a full account, which took quite
a while due to the lethargic response of their system.  This went back and
forth for some time, and after almost two hours of effort it refused to renew
my license, instead stating that I had to show up at one of their offices and
do it in person.  No reason given.  I couldn't make an appointment online, so I
called their phone number.  It took the customer response person almost five
minutes to pull up my records.  She told me that I had to upload my DD214, but
she did not know why or where to send it. After more haggling s
 he finally made me an appointment, so in the agonising long run I ended up
having to go to an office anyway.

     Welcome to Arizona, the single most dysfunctional high-tech community in
America.  We will soon be conducting government business with quill pens,
inkwells, and parchment.

     The zombies have taken over.

>Mailing Lists apparently present them with problems.  My usual habit is
>to post images to the Leica and Olympus Lists simultaneously. Today, my
>"Eric" post made it to the LUG but not to the Oly list.  I had to
>forward it singly to post to the Oly list.  I will discuss this with the
>ISP techs, but not on their first morning up on the new system.  I'm
>sure they are up to their ears in questions today.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson