Re: [OM] TECH - HELP : LR experts' advice (much) needed

Subject: Re: [OM] TECH - HELP : LR experts' advice (much) needed
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 19:58:17 +0000
Do we assume he doesn't have .xmp sidecar files for each image?  (If not,
turn the feature on for future insurance!)
You call them 'previous saved catalogs' - does that mean 'backups' in the
folder of the same name?

A few thoughts:
Start by backing up everything he has today so as not to lose anything in
the mucking-about that will follow.
Importing the current catalog into a fresh one will just give him the
current catalog again.  And then importing an older catalog won't allow
duplicates so it won't import anything.
Thus he should start by inspecting old catalogs - just by opening them or
by importing them into a blank new one.  There may be an advantage in the
latter if the timescales of the backups crosses into an older process
version (different catalog format) - I think the importing updates it to
the latest process.  Start with the newest old one first, and work
backwards in time.

See what others suggest!
Google Victoria Bampton!

cheers