Re: [OM] Knik River Northern Lights

Subject: Re: [OM] Knik River Northern Lights
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:51:41 -0900
Jim wrote:
> Beautiful light and detail, Ken.  Sharpest stars I've ever seen.

Thank you. I will have to "Moosify" the noise out of the image, but
this was a quick effort to show something from last night. I'm likely
to do a raw conversion using Sony's Imaging Edge as that
noise-reduction algorithm works exceptionally well.

The lighting was quite fortunate. The skies got really clear and the
moon was bright enough to light everything up nicely and cast shadows
(see the shadow of the bridge down on the ice). The car's DRL lights
were on as Karen kept the X5 running to stay warm, so that provided
some light, but other passing cars on the newer replacement bridge
gave even more thrills.

AK Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzz