Re: [OM] In pursuit of Ol' squinty eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] In pursuit of Ol' squinty eyes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 22:13:11 -0800
On 2/14/2021 5:19 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
That's a fine shooting platform for Moose and Carol, and you, as well, of course.  I'm amazed at the skilled brick masons' work evident in the chimneys themselves, and the roofing tiles, and copper caps.

I took shots of other parts of the roof, including brick, leading, etc.
details, but have not processed them for display.

Even the banister work is perfect.  Work ethics that can be maintained when  pride and money are available in large quantities.

Money was no problem. When his wife didn't like the first house he built, he tore it down and built another. Just a summer cottage, after all. 😁  More than you may want to know about it. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Hill_(Ipswich,_Massachusetts)>

The one glaring problem they have/had is that all the furnishings were removed before donating it. Last time we were there, a couple of rooms had been restored, based on pictures, but the house as a whole felt rather barren. Wildly so, compared to houses like Biltmore and San Simeon.

WOW, hard to believe it's been ten years.

Beachy Moose