Re: [OM] IMG: shakshuka

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: shakshuka
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 15:01:46 -0500
Sorry, Ken, but you are missing out on all four. Simply steamed and I admit
all three veggies are pretty boring. Roasting however brings out more
flavor. But the best is a good topping. For cauliflower, heat up a little
olive oil and add minced garlic, chopped capers and a little wine vinegar.
Just pour on top. The broccoli treatment is a little more complex. Slice
into half inch slabs and layer in a pan with sliced onions. Add a little
oil, half a cup of red wine and top with provolone cheese. Cover and simmer
15-20 minutes. Grits are tough to get just right. Most people make them too
runny and use Quick grits which cook faster but have less taste. Real grits
(preferably yellow) should be washed (the fragmented corn hulls float off)
and cooked in a ratio of one cup grits to 4 cups water. Will take about
20-25 minutes to cook to a nice thick consistency. Add generous butter and
cheese. Shrimp and onion sauteed in bacon fat goes on top. This post is
making me hungry.

Charlie