Re: [OM] IMG: shakshuka

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: shakshuka
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 09:30:11 -0900
I'm not sure I would be considered a picky eater. I can enjoy most
things other than grits, cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli. I eat
some rather disgusting items at times.

But shakshuka is one of the rare dishes that I actually dislike. For
me, it comes down to a two variables. Eggs and acidic items don't go
together unless the egg is the primary ingredient. In this case, the
egg is an add-in item and it just doesn't work for my tastebuds.
Whenever I make omelets or frittatas I'm careful to make sure I don't
overdo the tomatoes because of it. The other variable is eggs with
chili. Again, it's not something my system understands how to process
and it will sit like a lump in my gut for a day.

Subtract the egg, and I'm all over that dish, though. Shrimp? Bring it on!

AG Schnozz