Re: [OM] IMG: more confinement food

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: more confinement food
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:40:51 -0900
Last night I whipped together some beef and mushrooms and poured it
over some instant potatoes. It was remarkably good! Other than the
instant taters, it was good enough to serve to guests. Go figure.

A couple of days ago I had a craving for blueberry muffins. I didn't
have a mix, nor did I have the paper liners, so I got creative. I made
my own muffin batter using "Kodiak Cakes" pancake mix (really really
good stuff), almond milk, some instant oatmeal, sugar (white and
brown), vanilla,  and a pile of frozen blueberries. Baked it in a 8x8
pan. It turned out rather "interesting" as I'm a white-cake batter for
blueberry muffins kinda guy. My initial reaction when I tasted the
results was "yuck". Then I thought about it and realized that the
muffin tasted like one of those overpriced gut-cleansers you get from
the coffee-shop and custom bakery. While I'm not terribly excited
about gut-cleansers as I prefer "cotton-candy", I think it actually
turned out really well and the fruits-and-nuts crowd would go crazy
over them.

Shall we talk about Pho and Sushi?

AG Schnozz