Re: [OM] IMG : Colour shoot at the Mungg

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG : Colour shoot at the Mungg
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 15:35:29 -0800
On 1/6/2021 8:50 AM, Philippe wrote:
The final weeks of 2020 and the beginning of 2021 were remarkably dull in term
of photography here - no light, very little colour, etc. No lust either.

Today was worse in some respect, yet different. Prompted by Don’s latest
(excellent) Tuesday Trees series, I felt an urge to dare come outside and shoot in
colour.

Here are 3 colour takes from the garden, with very little processing.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/HN-Shot+in+Colour-1165.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/HN-Shot+in+Colour-1165.jpg.html>

And the following 2 to the right, all 3 better viewed large.
To my eye, the first is nice, but I prefer the more interesting juxtaposition of elements in the composition of the second. Very nice!

The third might be good on its own, but didn't interest me much following the other two. I think it suffers from the big chunk of tree in the upper left corner. As it moves right to left toward finer and finer detail, boom, there's this big blob. In AGAK speak, eye flow is interrupted.

Not to "correct" the photo, but to illustrate what I'm talking about.
<L:\Pictures\Cameras\GX9\2021_01_08\>

I also like to pull the top of the histogram to the end. As I've noticed in my own color shots of essentially monochrome scenes, I prefer the color version to one converted to mono; looks wintrier to me

Which reminded me of that commercial that Kodak ran here, years ago, about
stealing colours - I DK if it ran anywhere else but it was sexy for that period
of time.

http://www.culturepub.fr/videos/kodak-kodacolor-gold-les-voleurs-de-couleurs/
<http://www.culturepub.fr/videos/kodak-kodacolor-gold-les-voleurs-de-couleurs/>

That's fabulous! I sure don't recall seeing any such thing

Color Me Moose