Re: [OM] OT: Lo and Behold!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Lo and Behold!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 06:13:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been sharpening drills by hand for longer than I can remember.  The
term "It's all in the wrist" is exactly right when it comes to doing this as
you need to turn the drill and change the angle to get the proper relief.  It's
a bit tricky.

     I also sharpen hand saws, which can be equally demanding depending on how
badly the saw has been abused.  I lucked out at a flea market decades ago and
came away with a cast iron Diston bench holder.

     And chisels, planes, carving tools, axes, chain saws, etc.

>Which leaves you a few days before getting hurt, or am I mistaken?
>
>Good nooz then :-)
>

>>     Much to my surprise, a number of lost and overdue USPS items
>>showed up yesterday at the USPS receiving facility in west Phoenix.
>>One of them is the Craftsman drill sharpening jig that disappeared
>>three weeks ago in Memphis.  I probably won't have them in hand until
>>Saturday, but at least they are in the vicinity.  There are still
>>three overdue items to be accounted for, but they are all media mail
>>so that's understandable.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson