[OM] Conjunction, two days late

Subject: [OM] Conjunction, two days late
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 02:03:31 -0800
Seattle had bad weather for several days before and during the Great Conjunction on Monday night. Tuesday night the sky was partly cloudy, but the cloudy part was blocking the planets. Tonight (Wednesday), I finally got to see Jupiter and Saturn having their tête-a-tête. They are still respectably close.  Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains provide the setting.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50754183152/in/dateposted-public/>

I was alone at a park on a bluff overlooking Puget Sound.  Due to COVIDiot considerations, I wanted to be sure I could quickly move away from any unmasked people, unencumbered by a tripod, expensive equipment, etc.  So my record shot was taken with a humble iPhone 7, complete with Impressionistic noise, and cropped to about 50%. Enjoy anyway.

This is a better shot, taken with a very big telescope in Chile. Size matters. As with mine, click once or twice to enlarge.
<https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap201223.html>

--Peter