Re: [OM] Marnie's first outing with E-M1 MKIII

Subject: Re: [OM] Marnie's first outing with E-M1 MKIII
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 02:33:45 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<So, does she give the Mk3 her seal of approval? When I decide to get
<<the hair-brained idea to pick up one of these cameras, should I go all
<<the way and get the Mk3?

She says yes, but she liked the MkII.  The hassle of selling the MkII and
upgrading was my doing.  We had carefully planned astro outings on  La Palma
for many  months and the killer feature was
starry sky AF so I didn't have to make sure she nailed focus with MF. The IQ is
almost identical and doubt I would have bothered if I had known what was to
happen.  Curiously as similar as the cams are the immediately apparent
ergonomic advantage for both of us is the ISO button vs using the SCP which we
did not like.
Doesn't bother Moose a wit.

 The IBIS is a stop better  in the MKiii but the MkII is already stellar.
Moose already mentioned the hand-held HR feature, but no biggie really.  I
thought the sensors were identical but the MKIII is really the same as the M1X
and if you routinely push the shadow recovery to 11, it might matter sometimes.
 I didn't really notice much when I had both as far as shadow recovery or IQ. .
 The multi shot ND filter equivalent is nice--rather like having the smooth
reflection app back on the Sony.  I don't shoot much video right now but the MK
111 will do auto ISO in manual mode if you know the secret---has to be enabled
somewhere in the video menu.
Seems well hidden.   Anyway AG  is at the pinnacle of evaluators for cam
ergonomics/features and doesn't need Marnie or me to chime in--suspect just
curious.  If the price is right, some of the features of the Mk111 are nice but
paying full list may not be worth the price of admission unless a feature is
mission critical.

Mike