Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight

Subject: Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:05:51 -0800
On 11/24/2020 10:37 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
One more time using different method to stack.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/smJj16PsBn776guD8

Hey! Now it's looking good!

I was curious how many more pixels Helicon Focus raw converter used compared to
what ACR does. And I traced it to the 16:9 aspect ratio setting in the camera.
So my mistake. Not sure how to get ACR to ignore it, but the fix is to use the
crop tool in ACR to get back to the 3:2 aspect ratio.

OK, color me mystified. I have, NEVER, EVER, set a camera to anything but its native format. I can't imagine why anyone with access to the cropping facilities available in all conversion and editing apps would do that.

OK, OK, I did once attend a meeting of a small MF film club. One member was absolutely committed to the idea that square is the only good format. As I looked at his work, I was amazed that such an otherwise very talented photographer would persist in a framing/format that often didn't suit his subjects.

A tentative, v. gentle question elicited a roar. I may not have been the first person
to try to broach the subject. 😁

Moose D'Opinion