Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight

Subject: Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 23:50:57 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Helicon Focus converter does well for Sonie raw and handles some exposure
<<variation between shots. If I have 30 shots to stack, it is a lot easier to
<<adjust to my liking after it has stacked the image rather than process each
<<individual image, ugh.

It sounds very convenient to have it handle the raw--when not using PS even my
stacker will not do that.  The advantage is knowing the conversion is as
expected and if retouching within the stacking software, some adjustments are
made in shadows/highlights so artifacts that need a fix are easier to see.  It
is easy to batch process in DXO Photolab or acr and batch save the tiffs so it
isn't as painful as it sounds.  A script is fast.  That be said my deepest
stacks are rarely over 25 images and mostly well under a dozen.  Focus
bracketing  is simple  with Oly but I still like to focus bracket macro by hand
---usually.

https://youtu.be/Kgvb5GtyqgU

 If there were a change in light in an image or two I like to pull them out and
fix a bit before stacking.

Not as bad as it seems, Mike