Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight

Subject: Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:30:24 -0700
At 11/23/2020 02:07 PM, AG Schnozz wrote:
>> AB-SO-LUT-eLY GREAT !
>
>I completely agree.
>
>I do find it rather intriguing that Wayne's photos have a slight John
>Shaw "Close-ups in Nature" influence to them. I used to follow his
>style quite a bit until I went off the rails and decided that
>everything had to be Schnozzified. But Wayne is doing a good job of
>embracing Shaw's influence without copying him.
>
>There is a fine line between influence and copy. Wayne is on the right
>side of that equation.

Thanks Ken, Moose and Philippe.;;['

I had the John Shaw book once, Closeups in Nature, but all I remember was about
mounting a lens in reverse thread to make a macro lens out of it and how
extension tubes decrease exposure. Things are different today, with digital
cameras capable of fast capture (no auto winder required), photo stacking
software, sharpen AI... So if John Shaw's influence is there, it is in the way
back unconscious.

Of the photographers that influenced me, besides this list with many insightful
comments, would be Rod Planck and Galen Rowell. Galen's work was so way beyond
anything, I felt dumbstruck looking at it. I wish he was still around.

Of course the web, today, is teaming with influences and inspirations. Moose
has been particularly helpful.

WayneS