Re: [OM] No GAS like old GAS

Subject: Re: [OM] No GAS like old GAS
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 10:26:20 -0500
Moose got the Olympus Six right.  Good Eye!  Wayne's ID of the closed folder as a Canon was incorrect, but there aren't too many visual clues with it closed.  It is a postwar Kodak Retina Ib.  I don't recall if Canon ever made 35mm folders.

For the record, the cameras are:

Top shelf: Minolta SRT 201, TLR with missing nameplate is an East German Reflecta I, OM-1n, Kiev 60 (export model with "Kiev" in Latin alphabet, and a Zeiss Jena lens), Baldinette 35mm folder, (in back) Koni-Omega M, Beacon II (American 127-film snapshot camera)

Bottom shelf, front to back, left to right: OM-1, Lordomat (non-Leica interchangeable lens 35mm camera made in Wetzlar, Germany) unrecognizable because its most prominent feature, a fairing over the top of the lens is hidden by the OM-1's prism, Canonet QL17, Nikonos IV-a, Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic ("H" rather than "AOC" logo on the prism), Exakta VXiia, Perfex One-O-One, Konica Autoreflex TC, External viewfinder mounted on an otherwise invisible Olympus Ace - Olympus's only leaf shutter 35 with interchangeable lenses, Retina Ib, Olympus Six, Yashica Lynx 14, fixed-lens rangefinder with f/1.4 lens, Pentax KX - top of the line version of the K1000.

Wayne commented on barrel distortion.  The picture was taken with an M.Zuiko 12-40 and I didn't line the camera up perfectly head-on and square with the shelves, but I think that the particle-board shelving is also sagging under the weight.  The Kiev weighs two kilograms, and the Koni-Omega is in the same ballpark.  They make up the "You call that a camera? Now */this/* is a camera" section of my collection.

     ----- Larry Woods