Re: [OM] PaintshopPro on sale

Subject: Re: [OM] PaintshopPro on sale
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:02:43 -0800
> Anyone use PSP? $80 including AftershotPro3. Not sure I'd use it as I
> like DxO and Afinity.

A lot of these editors and software tools are desperately trying to
survive. I know that for me, Adobe's Creative Cloud is now the most
critical component in my imaging arsenal. "Process Version 5" has
effectively doubled the image quality from the older cameras, and the
entire editing workflow is streamlined, fast, and efficient. I've got
the plugin stuff on one of my computers, but I hardly use it anymore.
Same with PWP (Picture Window Pro). It's extremely rare that I have to
do any editor-specific work. I'm probably running around 97% Lightroom
editing only.

The only real problem I run into is the auto whitebalance feature is
broken. The images almost always turn out too yellowish.

I'm going out on a limb here and will project that 2021 will be a
bloodbath in the digital imaging world. Camera manufactures and
software companies are going to get pruned. And nobody is safe.

AG Schnozz