Re: [OM] PaintshopPro on sale

Subject: Re: [OM] PaintshopPro on sale
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 18:04:30 -0800
> I would think exposure blending would still work OK with CCD images.
> You would be combining the linear portions of each image, no?

Kinda sorta. If you are doing a three-shot HDR (-2, 0, +2), you can
end up with a wavy tonal response curve. Five-shot HDR (-2, -2, 0, +1,
+2) with the CCD 4/3 cameras is quite good. It can be difficult to
keep halos in check and the five-shot version usually does. However,
I've found that with the E-1, the best HDR is three-shot at 1 stop
intervals. The problem is WHICH three shots. So, I do the five-shot
capture and select three of the five for the HDR merge.

AG Schnozz