Re: [OM] OT: Wifi Hijacking

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Wifi Hijacking
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 19:23:54 -0700
At 10/5/2020 03:46 PM, Moose wrote:

>I bought into NordVPN. It's givng quite a bit of trouble on various sites, not
>just banking. I installed the OpenVPN driver/link/whatever, but Nord doesn't
>find it.

One of the downside of VPN is that a lot of nefarious people will abuse/hack
what they do through them and that tends to trigger a lot of IDSs (Intrusion
Detection Systems), which then blacklist those IP addresses.

If you are on windoes? Installing the app should be sufficient. From the App
you can scroll down to various countries, right click some country and select a
specific region and specific server.

Once connected you can check to see if your VPN IP address is blacklisted. If
so, try another one.
https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

I rarely have need to use my nordvpn. If I am traveling, I can create an SSH
tunnel back to my own house server or router. That way, if I need to do
banking, the connection is SSH secure to my server and the bank thinks I'm
coming from my normal home IP address. I have done that while in Grand Cayman
as it was the only way I could do certain things.

WayneS