Re: [OM] OT: Phoenix Internet Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Phoenix Internet Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:30:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>That fiber cut has a much greater impact than just local. I know
>things, but can't say things.

     I learned more details about this.  Seems that someone set fire to a
utility pole in north Phoenix.  Power has been restores, but Cox is a long way
off from fully restoring the internet.

>As to VPN, the one I use is NordVPN. The only problem I've had with it
>is that I can't use it for SOME of my banking. Go figure.

     I use Avast antivirus, and they have a VPN with a 7-day free trial period.
 If it works out, then it's as little as $3.99/mo if I buy a 3-year period.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson