[OM] OT: Phoenix Internet Outage

Subject: [OM] OT: Phoenix Internet Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:14:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     There was a fire in Phoenix overnight that destroyed a number of optical
fibers, and internet service in the Phoenix area is severely hampered.  There
is no estimate for when the destroyed optical fibers will be repaired.

     It took out the wifi where I was having coffee, and I couldn't connect to
anything at all.  Right in the middle of shopping for a VPN that was compatible
with Win7 and had a free trial period.

     Most of the VPNs out there will only work with 64-bit Win10.  AVG may have
one, but they are not at all open about the compatibility of their product.
Same with ExpressVPN.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson