Re: [OM] Question on Zuiko Pro lens construction tolerance

Subject: Re: [OM] Question on Zuiko Pro lens construction tolerance
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 22:38:05 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I can feel a small amount of play in the barrel in my 12-100  when extended
that I had not noticed, but no real rattle.  Sounds like a return is the right
move.  I would check the return for decentering--nice method on FM.  Siggie up
their game on QA and allows for adjustments during construction resulting in
fewer lemons.   Olympus has said they reject lens designs that are sensitive to
small perturbations in construction to avoid returns.  Roger at Lensrentals has
been told by manufacturers that it is usually cheaper to throw the lens out and
ship another then to fix it most times when it comes to issues like decentering.

No rattle but imperfect, Mike