Re: [OM] IMG: Carry-Out Only

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Carry-Out Only
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:23:08 -0800
> I get my TV news out of Nashville.  Over the years, they have developed
> a lot of downtown businesses based on Country Music and tourism. Those
> businesses are really hurting with the Social Distancing restrictions.

One of the things my wife does is teach music. The studio, like
everything else, was shutdown, but she continued to teach via zoom.
But even at that, she went from 20 students down to 4. But in the past
several weeks, that reversed and she's got a schedule so full she had
to add another day.

Short-term, the shutdown was devastating, medium-term, the recovery is
great, long-term, the debts incurred by the business may still sink
it.

Lockdowns are great when it's only nameless, faceless people losing
their livelihood. Every businessperson is crying out "just tell me how
I can run my business safely, but PLEASE don't shut me down.

AG