Re: [OM] Managed to snag a 1000 f11 zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Managed to snag a 1000 f11 zuiko
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 16:54:13 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> As you and Jan have said, the 600/6.5 is a very good lens. Amazing how later
> developments make it easy to use and get
> good results.

Yea, I hated mine for years, and just about sold it on several occasions, but
now I find it behaves quite well on the OM-D E-M1.2 with silent shutter!

There was NOTHING I could do to not get tell-tale signs of shutter-shock on the
E-1, E-300, and E-3, although the direction of the blur was different on the
E-300, confirming shutter-shake. (The E-300 has a side-ways swinging mirror.)

I have a quite heavy tripod (Benbo #1). I used it with TWO tripods, with a CF
Gitzo supporting the end of the lens. I put sandbags on it. I hung my camera
bag from the tripod. There was NOTHING I could do to avoid shutter-shake!

But with the E-M1.2 and IBIS, I can get reasonably sharp shots with it
HAND-HELD! Even of ETs!

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/show-us-what-your-adapted-lens-looks-like-on-your-camera.473/page-162#post-1255583

> On 6/28/2020 6:38 PM, Mark Kronquist wrote:
>> How many did they make?
>
> Not a clue. My 600 mm is 100433, single coated and the two halves are held
> together with slot head screws.

Mine is 100493, with no date code visible anywhere. So it would appear they
made at least 60. :-)

I've never heard that this particular lens was in short supply, and the used
prices seem to confirm that it is not rare. (I have heard that there were only
about 600 of the 250/2 ever made, but it would seem that most other OM Zuikos
had runs of five digits or more.)

:::: A dentist may decree that oil production increase, and a goose may command
that the Great Wall leap into the air. -- New York Times ::::